Thursday, November 28, 2013

Culinary Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for so many things on this wonderful holiday, but let me be specific in a light-hearted culinary way:

I am thankful that today is one of a handful of Pancake Holidays in our household. It was a good way to start the day.

The great debate: Sausage
vs. Bread Stuffing
I am thankful for my mother's recipes that continue to be a part of our holiday, even though Mom is many miles away. We'll have Mom's Bread Stuffing and Mom's Apple Pie today.

I am thankful for the food traditions gained from the Baileys, including Sausage and Rice Stuffing, and Oyster Casserole.

I am thankful for favorite recipes contributed by friends, including Dave Byerly's Cranberry Chutney.

I am thankful for the bounty of information on the Internet, which today is providing the means for me to make Ruth Chris' version of Sweet Potato Casserole.

I am thankful for shortcuts, like the Stouffer's Spinach Souffle that I bought.

I am thankful for Ron's skills as a home chef. He's doing so much of the work today - including the manhandling of the turkey. And he made Cranberry Syrup, for what will be an awesome holiday martini.

Enjoy the day! I am eating up the Facebook posts that give me the flavor of your Thanksgiving, and help bring you closer than the actual miles that separate us.

No comments:

Post a Comment