Thursday, February 24, 2011

Runaway Boomer is 2

This Runaway Boomer posting today is my 104th. You know what that means – a 2 year milestone. I have managed to write once a week, every week for two years. Somehow it has become important to me to consistently meet my self-imposed Thursday morning deadline.

In the beginning, at the request of friends, I wrote a number of posts about the steps we used to plan for our early retirement. Then I expressed more about what our life has been like after leaving our corporate jobs, including enjoying our homes in Chicago and Prescott, travel, and our newfound love of golf. The biggest surprises for me have been a few odd posts that have sort of written themselves – like my (bad) poetry. There were words and phrases in my head that wouldn’t be ignored, and just had to come out on paper. One poem I swear I composed in my sleep – I just had to get up and write it down before it was forgotten.

Friends; I sincerely thank all of you who have read my blog and reached out to me. Your comments and encouragement inspire me to act on my desire to write, and continue to “spill my guts”. Some have told me they are living vicariously through my experiences. I hope you are actually dreaming and making your own plans for personal freedom. The first big step toward living your dream is being able to visualize it. I wish that for you all.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment