With time, we are happier and happier with our decision. Last night we attended an event at Talking Rock that gave us even greater confidence in the future of the community. It was an Open House for members, hosted by senior representatives from Harvard Investments (the developer) and Swaback Parters (architectural and community planning).
Among the things we learned...
- The architectural company developed its roots from the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation.
- There is a deep and passionate commitment to continuing to enhance the appeal of the community, with a view spanning not just years - but decades.
- The architectural committee researches trends in communities and housing, and is adjusting design and building standards appropriately (and creatively) over time.
- Swaback Partners is the same company that does the planning for Kohler, Wisconsin (a community I much admire).
- In 2008, Talking Rock Ranch won a prestigious Gold Nugget Award for Best Detached Residential Project.
Photo used with permission from Talking Rock Ranch Marketing.