Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spring Me!

Dear Mother Nature,

Please release me from the confines of woolens and polar fleece. Eliminate my need to huddle under blankets pulled up to my chin. Redirect the cruel winds that blow from the north. Temper the cold that leaves the landscape covered with frost in the morning. Give my heating system a break.

I appreciate the beauty of Winter, and the comfort of a roaring fireplace. The mountains covered in snow are a sight to behold. The desert needed the moisture. I am grateful for the home that shelters us from the cold. But I am anxious to come out of hibernation.

I yearn to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air. Sundresses and sandals are the garb of my daydreams. Bedding must be changed from comforters to light cotton blankets. My skin needs a kiss of sun. It's time to prepare patios for friendly gatherings. Flowers want to bloom. Stop being so cruel.

Never mind the date on the calendar. Spring me!

1 comment:

  1. You always say what all of us are thinking.

    It's gray and cold (ok, high around 40, but cold for Memphis) here. Has been for days. We're tired of it too.

    Spring me! (Is that all I have to say? Does it work like "There's no place like home" in Wizard of Oz?) I'm waiting impatiently for this to work.

    Thanks for being the Boomers' voice.

    ReplyDelete