Stories, observations, random musings, and unsolicited advice from a former executive who ran away from the corporate rat race to redefine her life.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
What - Me Worry?
Yep. Life is good; incredibly good for me these days. I am thankful for all the blessings. But... I have to admit that I still worry.
My chronic worry list:
• I hope our happiness isn’t disrupted by illness or injury.
• The stock market volatility has a direct effect on our retirement finances, and the wild fluctuations are disturbing.
• Our siblings that have personal and financial issues.
• I want my aging mother to enjoy the rest of her years in comfort and surrounded by love.
• If we can’t sell the condo in Chicago next spring, we may have to rent it.
• Keeping my Type 2 Diabetes at bay.
• How I’m going to find health insurance in Arizona.
It’s a pretty short list, but all important stuff. Some things we can prepare for, but we don't have plans for everything and I haven’t figured out how not to worry. I hope that meditation and prayer can help me lighten the load.