- Deciding that retiring early from corporate life was the thing to do
- Laying the groundwork for making this life change
- Insuring that my husband and I were on the same page in our vision
- Taking the leap
- Getting settled into a new life
- Recovering from our old life
- The challenges and the solutions
As our new life unfolds, I will blog about issues as we face them. As yet, I don't even know what those will be. Some possibilities - the negative impact of the economy on our plans, finding purpose outside work, establishing a new non-professional persona, and how we occupy our time.
I'll also write about our newfound joys. There is life after work, and it is different, surprising, and amazing.
Today, many people who carefully planned retirement have had their plans temporarily derailed or postponed. We have many common issues, and I believe it's valuable to share experiences.
I hope you will enjoy what we have to share.